The paintwork of the room is finish. I was originally thinking about painting the old floor. But it was full of bumps and big cracks. I sometimes loose tiny miniature parts on the floor, I don't want it to fall down and disappear into a crack in the floor!!! So I found a quite reasonable prised faux parquet floor.
We have been working the whole weekend to lay down the new the floor. It was not as easy as we were thinking at first..... Not one angle was straight, and then there was the heavy old oven that had to be lifted up. Lifted up on it's to front legs, the risk of the whole oven rolling over was big. It weighs several hundred kilos!
The red "things" are the lifting devices!
Kind of hard to adapt the floor after this wall!!
Notice the pipe on the top of the oven is off!!! We need to have a big trolley, lift the oven up, back it away from the wall, adjust the thing at the top and roll the oven on to the pipe!!!! Puhh..
But it's a nice several hundred years old oven with lots of nice details;
Notice the figure in the door; it's for letting the air come into the oven and make sure a correct combustion!
So, almost done, just some painting behind the old skirting we removed. Then i have to put on new skirting and the room is complete!
On Wednesday we are picking up some furniture from the flat. The bed, sofa and hopefully my work table and the french house!!!!
Then it´s soon easter and my sweet daughter Victoria is comming!!